Brandon Roberts + Associates, LLC is a public policy consulting firm focused on issues of postsecondary education, workforce and economic development. The firm has twenty plus years of experience providing evaluation, planning, program development, research as well as strategic analysis and technical assistance services to a diverse group of clients including:
- Private foundations such as the Abell, Annie E. Casey, Ford, Gates, Joyce, Kresge, Lumina, C.S.Mott, and Rockefeller foundations as well as the Community Foundation of the National Capital Region, the Open Society Institute, and the Pew Center on Global Climate Change.
- Governmental agencies such as the Appalachian Regional Commission, Florida WAGES Board, Iowa Department of Economic Development, Massachusetts School-to-Work Office, Ohio Department of Development, Oregon Department of Community Colleges and Workforce Development, Rhode Island Department of Labor, Washington Employment Security Department, and Wisconsin Technical Colleges.
- National organizations such as Jobs for the Future, National Academy of Public Administration, National Conference of State Legislatures, National Governors' Association, National League of Cities, Public/Private Ventures, The Urban Institute and Workforce Strategy Center.
The firm organizes its work around the overall concept that sound data
and objective analyses are the essential foundations for effective findings, recommendations and actions. This includes designing and developing program initiatives, which may involve utilizing Theory of Change and Logic Model processes to organize, guide and monitor strategic plans and actions. It also includes designing and executing research projects as well as program and policy evaluations, deploying both qualitative and quantitative analysis techniques. In addition, the firm provides advice, technical assistance and workshops on performance metrics and benchmarks.
Recently the firm has engaged in four major, mutli-year initiatives:
- Evaluation of the Wisconsin Round 2 TAACCCT grant to develop manufacturing adult career pathways in 15 of 16 colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System. The evaluation is a four year effort focused on providing formative feedback as well as assessing program implementation and measuring participant outcomes via propensity score modeling. The project is conducted in partnership with OMG and DVP-Praxis, LTD.
- Implement and manage the Working Poor Families Project, a fourteen year national initiative that supports non-profit organizations in 23 states to strengthen state policies on behalf of low-income working families. The Project focuses on state policies dealing with postsecondary and adult basic education, skills development training, economic development, and income and work supports.
- Execute a formative evaluation of the Joyce Foundation's Shifting Gears initiative, a multi-state (IN, IL, MI, MN, OH, WI) multi-year effort that seeks to strengthen state postsecondary, adult basic education and skills development systems so that more low-skilled adult workers gain the education, skills and credentials needed to advance and succeed in the ever changing global economy.
- Conducted a managment evaluation for the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation of their new national initiative to improve transitions from adult basic education to community college credit-based credentials. The Accelerating Opportunity initiative involves other national foundations (Joyce, Kellog, Kresge and Open Society Foundaton), a national intermediary with technical assistance partners, eleven states, and multiple community colleges and adult education programs.
To carry out its work, the firm secures the best associate expertise and talent in the country so that it can tailor its assistance to address the specific needs of clients and projects. To learn more contact:
Brandon Roberts + Associates, LLC
4818 Drummond Avenue
Chevy Chase, MD 20815